About Submitting Your Abstract for 2018
The mission of this conference is to proactively address or prevent problems with safety, readiness, reliability and sustainment, within the tri-service turbine engine fleet, through the transition of existing and emerging technologies.
You are invited to submit an abstract for your proposed presentation. Submitted abstracts should address the current issues facing the services and industry with regard to this mission. Submission of abstracts to this focus are highly encouraged. The general rules for submitting abstracts are listed under the General Rules for Submission section below.
At the time of abstract submission, authors will be asked to certify that the submitted abstract is unclassified, non-proprietary and approved for public release and unlimited distribution.
Make sure that you read and understand the rules before submission. Please note that you must meet all PS&S Requirements in order to attend the PS&S Conference - Click Below for Details.
Submitted Abstracts Should Focus on One of the Subject Areas Below:
Abstract Submission Deadline
Attention All PS&S Attendees!
PS&S Conference Attendee
Requirements & Disclaimer:
PS&S Attendee Forms
About the Call for Training Courses
The Training Courses for the 2018 AA&S/PS&S Conference have been preselected and are currently being developed ahead of the Call for Abstracts. If you wish to have your training course considered for the 2019 AA&S/PS&S Conference or as a possible alternate/back-up, please contact Jill Jennewine with detailed information about your training course.
Please include the following in your email:
- Title of Training Course
- Course Instructor name and contact information
- Name of Organization providing the training
- Training Course description
- Relevance of training to the AA&S/PS&S Community
- Inherent value of training & practical application of training provided
- Length of Training (not to exceed 4 hours)
Presentation Requirements for Accepted Abstracts
What Happens if My Abstract is Accepted?
Each primary submitter for abstracts will be notified by email, no later than Friday, February 16, 2018, of the decision of the PS&S Review Committee. Abstract submitters who receive an acceptance letter email will also be provided with speaker log-in information/instructions. This speaker log-in information will guide each presenter through all phases of the presentation requirements for PS&S 2018. All presenters will be required to upload their presentation prior to the Conference using this speaker log-in page. An exact date for presentation submission will be contained in the speaker log-in information. There will be NO Online Proceedings for the PS&S Conference, due to the restricted nature of the conference. Requests for proceedings should be handled on an individual basis onsite between the presenter and individual requesting material.
Important Dates to Remember
Click on the Dates Below to Expand
Rules For Submitting Abstracts
- 1: Authors should submit abstracts for consideration by completing the Online Abstract Submittal Form, accessible by clicking on the button at the top of this page. The abstract text should be within 200-500 words.
- 2: All submitted abstracts should include a description of content, conclusions and significance of the proposed presentation.
- 3: Authors presenting papers under a government contract will be responsible for obtaining all necessary approvals and releases from the appropriate government agency.
- 4: At the time of abstract submission, authors will be asked to certify that the submitted abstract is unclassified, non-proprietary and approved for public release and unlimited distribution.
- 5: To qualify to present at the PS&S Conference, you MUST be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder. All non-government attendees (including contractors) must have a registered DLSC certification number, which is provided on the processed DD Form 2345. All U.S. active duty military personnel and U.S. Government Civilian Employees are exempt from the certification requirements.
- 6: Abstracts must be received no later than Wednesday, January 17, 2018. Abstract reviewers request that, in order to facilitate technical review, abstracts be submitted as soon as possible. A late submission will not allow time for proper review by the conference planning/review committee and may result in the rejection of the abstract.
- 7: All submitted abstracts will receive an email by Friday, February 16, 2018 notifying them of the acceptance/non-acceptance of the abstract. Only the primary submitting author will be sent this acceptance/non-acceptance email and it will be the author’s responsibility to notify any co-authors.
- 8: Authors presenting papers at PS&S 2018 are REQUIRED to register for the conference and pay the associated conference registration fee. No Exceptions.